Glitter Graphics -->

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Samatha who?

This new show on ABC is somewhat interesting to Me, I thought this was one worth writing about.

"Samantha Who?" starring Christina Applegate is a show about a Women who gets amnesia after an accident and can not remember her "past".
One of the things I found while watching this show was references to Christina's movie "The Sweetest Thing" [2002]. Applegate, uses a lot of the same nuances and phrases from that movie, even had the "Pina Colada Song" in her head after waking up and stating she doesn't know why she keeps hearing that song. In the movie the "Sweetest Thing", she and co-star Cameron Diaz sing that song on the way to a wedding.
These added little "if ya catch em" kind of things I found endearing, maybe a shout out to Diaz in some way.
But the question here is what would it be like to forget ALL of your past up until now, and have those around you inform you of the kind of person you "were". How much of that would you be willing to change?. Would it be a complete shock to have to look at pieces and events in your past that just would make you cringe that you acted in some kind of way that was "repulsive, rude or just down right wrong?" Can these things be fixed or does a leopard really not have the ability to change it's spots?
Samantha seemed to be utterly shocked that she bought so many shoes. I saw this as a part of each of us that tends to do things so impulsively, that we have no idea the accumulation of material things in our own lives. For me, personally, I don't think I could have to many shoes, but I will admit I have so many boxes that I don't know what's there. Maybe there is a part of us that just has to indulge in some simple pleasures.
And, like its predecessor "My Name is Earl" before "Samantha Who?", are we playing with the idea of laws of "Karma". Can we really make the wrongs in our lives right? And in the instance of Samantha, who is not the forgiver, but the forgiven, is there enough forgivness in those that are around her to do that? Can We really forgive the wrongs done by others when they seek to be genuinely forgiven? I think so.
"Samantha Who?" also throws in the needed skeptics, like her friends, battle their own negativity in the way they see the world and Samantha's questionable past. This particular episode had it end with Samantha's mother doing a puzzle. Perhaps letting us know that no matter what the circumstances, each piece will fall into place.

"Yes, I like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain.I'm not much into health food, I am into champagne.I've got to meet you by tomorrow noon, and cut through all this red tape.At a bar called O'Malley's, where we'll plan our escape."

There, now it can be in Your head too.

No comments:

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

If a biker sat next to you, would you: